Lemon Cream Bonbons
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, juice and extract. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop mixture by 1-in. balls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and freeze for 1 hour.
- Working with a few frozen balls at a time, dip into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Spoon melted candy coating into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag; drizzle coating over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 bonbon: 105 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 24, 2014
I have become famous for making these bonbons!!! I am involved in a lot of clubs where we entertain in our homes and besides all of the other goodies, my guests count on me to serve this "over-the-top", scrumptious lemon candy every time! I melt 3 squares of the chocolate candy coating at a time and take out only a few frozen balls to dip at a time. It works perfectly. I can't express how much my friends and I love this recipe!!!
Dec 3, 2013
I love it
Dec 7, 2012
I had a nightmare of a time getting these to freeze and then dipping them in the chocolate, so I improvised! I used a ziplock bag, squeezed some melted chocolate in a small lined muffin tin and then froze it. I then took the lemon portion and squeezed it on top of the chocolate. Drizzled melted chocolate swirls on top and served on a tray. They were gobbled up and delicious!
Nov 28, 2011
These are so yummy. A little time consuming but so worth it.
Nov 27, 2011
I am a lemon lover so this recipe attracted me. The filling is very tasty However, it was nightmare to put together. The filing was very difficult to shape into balls and it started to thaw before you could get all the balls made. Too much time to put together.
Nov 7, 2011
It took 6 hours for these to freeze before they could be scooped, the mixture was now still at all after 4 hours.
Feb 19, 2011
The center was scrumptious, but dipping them from the frozen state just made a clumpy mess of the chocolate on the bonbons. I am going to try some different techniques for the dipping I will definitely make these again.