Jayne’s Peach-Pear Pie
This pie is my own creation and always draws compliments whenever I make it. I like to serve it cold with vanilla ice cream. I've been collecting recipes since I was a teen and enjoy changing them to suit my family's tastes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, sprinkle the peaches and pears with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Add to fruit, toss gently to coat. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 399 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 16, 2014
Turned out good, a little juicy, but I think I cut into it too fast, ;) I switched it to a double crust instead of crumb topping as well. Very good.
Oct 5, 2011
very good loved it!!!!!