- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining oil. Add the marinara sauce, olives, remaining salt and pepper and reserved pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 10-15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian-Style Pork Chops
"Yuck these taste exactly like what they are, and that is like boiled pork chops. I won't make these again!."