An Italian-style version of pork chops was one of the first recipes I tried making in the early years of my marriage. I've changed it over the years to be healthier by reducing added oil and fat, and by adding in some vegetables. It works well served over hot rice. —Traci Hoppes, Spring Valley, California
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining oil. Add the marinara sauce, olives, remaining salt and pepper and reserved pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Pork Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p50
Reviews forItalian-Style Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2016
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2016
"Yuck these taste exactly like what they are, and that is like boiled pork chops. I won't make these again!."