Island Breezes Coffee Cake
With the island flavors, this simple pull-apart bread is perfect for a spring brunch. —Debra Goforth, Newport, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve coconut cream pudding mix
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, coconut and pudding mix. Place 10 rolls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with half of the sugar mixture, 1 cup pineapple tidbits, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts and 1/4 cup butter. Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator about 1-3/4 hours before serving; let rise in a warm place until dough reaches top of pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove plastic wrap. Bake coffee cake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; serve warm.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 406 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Island Breezes Coffeecake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.