Island Breezes Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve coconut cream pudding mix
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, coconut and pudding mix. Place 10 rolls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with half of the sugar mixture, 1 cup pineapple tidbits, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts and 1/4 cup butter. Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator about 1-3/4 hours before serving; let rise in a warm place until dough reaches top of pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove plastic wrap. Bake coffee cake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; serve warm.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 406 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
May 15, 2019
Absolutely Delicious! I must say, while making this recipe, I was thinking there is no way this is going to be good. Boy, was I wrong. I followed the recipe just as written and it was delicious.
May 2, 2019
This sounds amazing! Do you use the dough still frozen or do you thaw first?
Mar 22, 2017
This sounds sticky buns gone Hawaiian! Love the ingredients and looking forward to making this weekend.