Icebox Spice Cookies
When cooled, these slice-and-bake cookies become very crispy. They're wonderful dunked into a cup of coffee or milk.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.