- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini and carrot; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pasta sauce, beans, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Just before serving, stir in pasta. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forHearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
"I've been making this for years. Sometimes I leave out the zucchini or I put it in towards the end. My whole family loves it, including one of my sons who is a picky eater. Anyone I've served it to has loved it! It's a great recipe! It's also easy to make."
"My husband loves this, it's very wholesome. And, is great for leftovers to be taken for lunch as we need in our home. He can't ever say enough about it when I make it! I too love it."
"I do have high standards when it comes to home-made soup, but this was atrocious!"
"very good everyone liked it.I made it with only one little change that was I use watkins beef base insted of beef broth. it has more flaver and little sodium and it's powder so it last longer.the one thing I didn't like was the zucchini it got mushie. I took it out . the second time I made it I left out the zucchini we liked it just as well. will make agaen."