- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Peel and cube; set aside. Cook the broccoli according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add flour and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in ham, soup, potatoes and broccoli.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forHearty Ham Casserole
"Ham, broccoli, and potato is always a great combination as far as I'm concerned. However, I feel like it's missing something....salt, more pepper, more cheese, etc. Can't really put my finger on it though."
"This recipe was awesome with my leftover holiday ham. I used what I had on hand, frozen veggies since I was out of broccoli, and I was in a hurry and forgot the flour. Also, I only needed two servings so I reduced this significantly, but after all that, it still came out great. Thanks so much for the recipe!! I really enjoyed making this mainly because it didnt have difficult ingredients that couldnt be subsituted."
"Made this with hashbrowns and the whole family loved it!"
"Made this with hasbrowns and the whole family loved it!"
"maybe use golden mushroom soup for aded flavor"