Hearty Alfredo Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, milk and garlic powder. Pour a fourth of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with a fourth of the potatoes; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, broccoli and 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese; spoon a third over potatoes. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Spread with remaining Alfredo sauce mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 420 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 4, 2014
MMM, sounds very good. although not particularly **friendly to those with Type I Diabetes with 39 grams carbs, With some **tweeking** could be more carb friendly.
Dec 16, 2012
Easy to put together. The whole family liked it.
Apr 22, 2012
I used canned chicken, loved it and will definitely make it again! My family all liked it!
Jun 9, 2011
This recipe reminded me of potato soup. Just like the other reviewers, I added more sauce and milk. I used 1% instead of whole milk and it came out fine.
Jan 29, 2011
I added extra sauce and milk. I also used can cubed chicken instead of turkey. I enjoyed it. Not a super favorite, but definitely something I will add to my regular menu rotation.
Jan 23, 2011
had a problem withthe potatoes being don in the time stated.
Dec 21, 2010
I was looking for a recipe that used potatoes as I had some that needed to be used up and wanted something different to do with them. This was delicious. I did add some additional alfredo sauce and milk as it seemed like it didn't have enough sauce when I put it together. My family loved this.
Dec 14, 2010
This made a decent meal, but it's not one I will repeat as written. It didn't come out very saucy and by the time the potatoes were tender, the broccoli and chicken were slightly over done. The leftovers were slightly better because we added a bunch of cheddar cheese. This is a great idea, but needs some tweaking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.