Healthy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and peanut butter until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in applesauce.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 16, 2011
Grandkids loved them
Sep 6, 2011
I do not care to add applesauce to any thing I bake, These cookies just didn't taste good at all. Sorry!
Aug 31, 2011
Love the flavor I used crunch peanut butter, but it took 25 minutes at 350 degrees to bake this cookie
Aug 31, 2011
These cookies are fabulous! I used chunky peanut butter and needed to bake mine longer than directed (about 15 minutes). I definitely will be baking many more batches.
Aug 6, 2011
Did you use all whole wheat flour or some whole wheat and some all purpose??? I know that sometimes when baking you can't use all whole wheat or it messes up the baking process.
Jun 25, 2011
They're awesome! I added a cup of chopped up peanuts for a crunch; it worked great!
Jun 18, 2011
I used whole wheat flour to supplement for bleached flour. My kids didn't even know they were a healthy made cookie. Love the recipe!
Apr 21, 2010
I used lactose-free chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and they were delicious.
Mar 28, 2010
These cookies were so moist and delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.