Hash Brown Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream
On weekends when I was growing up, waffles, salmon and bagels were our brunch staples. I’ve combined the concepts and use whipped cream instead of cream cheese. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/8 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 to 4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- Beat heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon dill on high until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Stir together potatoes, eggs, chives and salt until well combined. Grease griddle. Drop potato mixture by heaping 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn; cook until second sides are golden brown. Keep warm.
- To serve, place salmon slices on pancakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with remaining dill.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 187 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Hash Brown Waffles with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream in Taste of Home December 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.