- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Reduce heat; add the ham, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce.
- Drain pasta; stuff each shell with about 3 tablespoons of filing. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika and remaining Swiss cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHam-Stuffed Jumbo Shells
"These were good. I couldn't find reduced fat Swiss anywhere do I used reduced fat cheddar instead. I thought it lacked a little seasoning but with the addition of a little salt, they were pretty tasty."
"Stuffing the shells was a lot of work, but it was really, really good. My whole family enjoyed this so much. It's definitely not something you can make on the fly...it requires a fair amount of preparation time...but it was VERY good."
"My friend served this for lunch...Wow, sooo good...They will be a definite on my list of things to serve..."
"AMAZING! Huge pain in butt! I use the sauce often to make white pizza. Add some garlic"
"This is a great dinner recipe. I added 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder to the sauce and I substituted celery for the bell pepper. It was excellent."