- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split or 16 to 20 mini buns
- In a bowl, mix butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended. Add ham and cheese; mix well. Divide evenly among buns. Place in a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Yield: 6-8 main dish <I>or</I> 16-20 appetizer servings.
Reviews forHam Buns
"I had prepared these ham buns when the recipe first was featured in my TOH recipe book and I had adjusted the recipe as follows: I chopped the onion I used, rather than grated it and I used 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard. Dijon mustard can be used instead! I used shreddedCheddar cheese. I admit that when I made these ham buns, I LOVED them! I devoured them!They were so tasty! This was a long time back when I'd made these ham buns, but at that time, I didn't have access to a computer to rate recipes! delowenstein"
"This is so easy. My kids love it. Great for leftover ham."
"I thought these were good, unfortunately my kids didn't."
"I made these many years ago, and I could hardly fill the buns because I couldn't stop eating the filling! Insanely delicious. I used small hard rolls, and they turned out beautiful."