- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cheeses. Cook and stir over low heat just until cheese is melted (mixture will be thick). Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, potatoes, ham, onion and parsley.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHam 'n' Potato Casserole
"My favorite leftover ham recipe. Have made it several times and all the family love it."
"I actually made this without the Ham and added garlic and herb and is was wonderful! A huge hit this Easter with the whole family!"
"I love this recipe. Will use it again during the holidays leaving out the ham and just serve as a side dish with a big spiral ham."
"I think I'll try the frozen hashbrown potatoes and save more time."
"there's no way that the prep time for this dish is 25 min.....its closer to an hour and a pain in the butt......but boy is it good"