I tried these kabobs at a friend's barbecue and asked for the recipe. Marinating them overnight really gives the flavor a chance to soak in. They make a tangy light meal served with fruited rice pilaf. -Marilyn Rodriguez of Fairbanks, Alaska
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2 cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 squares
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the chili sauce, lemon juice, sugar and bay leaves; mix well. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Discard bay leaves from reserved marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and vegetables. Brush lightly with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning three times. Yield: 4 servings, 2 kabobs each.
Originally published as Grilled Turkey Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p29
Reviews forGrilled Turkey Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"Great recipe for summer grilling."