- 1 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 uncooked bratwurst links
- 8 brat buns
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add bratwurst. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the sauce to another bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Set aside remaining sauce for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill brats, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce; grill 3 minutes longer.
- Turn and baste with remaining sauce; grill or broil 3-5 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Serve brats on buns; top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Honey-Mustard Brats
"These were great, I cooked them on the stove in my grill pan since I don't have a grill."
"Honey mustard is available everywhere. Try Walmart. I would not par-boil. Leaving them on the grill till they just split adds the true brat flavor you are really looking for. Make sure you buy the best sausage buns available and toast on grill. Make sure you turn with anything but a fork. Puncture wounds can really cost you flavor. Our go-to brats are from Publix supermarket. But any deli brat will give you a better meal."
"Chatykathy45, honey mustard is available in most grocery stores in the mustard section of the condiment aisle. I can usually find name brands as well as store brands."
"People rave over this recipe when I bring it to cookouts and ask for the recipe often. I parboil the brats first so the cooking time on the grill is reduced and they don't burn."
"I've never had Brats so on this recipe how do I make honey mustard you really don't say what you use is it the honey mustard salad dressing any please help I want to serve this the 4th of July sounds good thanks"
"pboggeln: "1 cup honey mustard""
"It's honey mustard brats - where's the HONEY?"
"I've made this recipe several times and it is always a hit!"