Grilled Greek Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup halved Greek olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Drizzle potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve salad warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 189 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Mar 5, 2018
I love this salad! Although this isn't the original that was printed in their book years ago. That one had squash in it. I also use mozzarella and feta cheese in mine.
Feb 21, 2017
I was pretty disappointed in this recipe. It wasn't terrible but seemed to be lacking flavor. Maybe feta instead of the mozzarella would have been better.
Oct 20, 2016
Great taste. I made 1/2 recipe and left out the olives due to family preferences.
Apr 10, 2016
We loved this salad, even the family members who don't like potato salad liked this one!
Jun 9, 2015
Used Feta cheese instead of the mozzarella and used the seedless cuke. Was very good.
Jun 6, 2014
This is great; I did not use cucumber as hubby is not fond of it, and used feta as another reviewer said to make it more Greek. A great change from mayo based salad, and I really liked it served warm.
May 29, 2014
Outstanding!! Followed the recipe exactly, adding some diced pepperoncini with the fresh cut veggies. Can't wait for the fresh veggies this summer. Thanks for sharing!!
Jan 21, 2014
This is my new favorite! I took it to a potluck and it received MANY compliments!! Really pretty easy to make as well! This will be a regular at our house!
Jul 10, 2013
I added sliced kielbasa to the roasting pan with the potatoes, and then added the rest of the ingredients for just few minutes under the heat, for a really good warm salad.
Jul 9, 2013
My children do not like mayonaise based salads. This recipe was delicous for the entire family. We used Feta cheese to make it more authentic and left out the mozzarella.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.