Grilled Beef and Vegetable Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green peppers, cut 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks or 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- Coat broiler pan or grill rack with nonstick cooking spray; heat broiler or grill. Drain and discard marinade from beef. On 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat, vegetables and pineapple. Season with salt and pepper. Broil 5-8 minutes, turning once, or grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Originally published as Grilled Beef and Vegetable Kabobs in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.