Grilled Angel Food Cake with Fruit Salsa
When I need dessert fast, I go with angel food cake. Mix fruit salsa ahead of time, and pop the cake on the grill. —Glorimar Jimenez, Indianapolis, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and chopped strawberries
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), split horizontally
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine berries, kiwi, sugar and lime juice. Grill cake, cut side down, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 1-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into slices. Serve with fruit salsa and, if desired, whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 1/4 cup salsa: 169 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Angel Cake with Fruit Salsa in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Jun 28, 2017
Wow,This is so very nice and easy! Thanks for Sharing this recipe.
Jun 13, 2017
This is so amazing
Jun 13, 2017
Fantastic recipe! Recommend it as a neat alternative item for grilling. Delicious! Amazing for a summer BBQ!