Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
One night I goofed, accidentally using the balsamic butter I save for grilling chicken on my pound cake. What a delicious mistake that my entire family loved! For a patriotic look, add a drizzle of blueberry syrup. —Tammy Hathaway, Freeman Twp, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices angel food cake (about 1 ounce each)
- Optional: Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream and blueberry syrup
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, mix butter and vinegar; brush over cut sides of cake.
- On a greased rack, grill cake, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve cake with strawberries and, if desired, ice cream and blueberry syrup.