This colorful quiche is perfect for brunch or lunch. I even like to serve it for our Sunday night supper. Each hearty slice is filled with green beans and mushrooms and topped with tomato and cheddar cheese. It's delicious! -Lee Campbell, Bartow, Florida
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt; stir into the beans, mushroom mixture and cracker crumbs. Gradually stir in eggs. Pour into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p27
Reviews forGreen Bean Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2016
"Would make again but it's missing some seasoning ."