Greek Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 5 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, oil and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and remaining oregano. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce with the vinegar mixture; place on a serving platter. Top with potato salad. Garnish with cherry tomatoes if desired.
Apr 26, 2014
We loved this. A great mix or sour sweet and I would not call the lettuce decorative it was what pulled the whole dish together. Delicious!
Aug 26, 2013
Pretty easy to make and it tastes good. The lettuce is purely decorative and no one will eat it, so you could omit that and still have a great side dish.
Jul 31, 2013
A word of warning, though: once you top the lettuce with the potato mixture the salad doesn't keep well, so be prepared to eat it all that day.
Jul 11, 2013
Very good when served at room temperature as well! This recipe is sure to become a favorite.
Jul 25, 2011
I was a little hesitant about this recipe because I like my potato salad sweet, but this turned out to be a great dish and was liked by all that tried it. I did not have any table wine vinegar or I used 1/4c white distilled vinegar & 1/4c Moscato D'Asti & added Purple Onion to the lettuce/dressing mixture. Combination of sweetness w/ the potato turned out good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.