Here’s a reader recipe so fast and fun the kids can help you put it together! It makes a great little present for their teachers, coaches or scout leaders—or to wrap up and keep on hand for unexpected guests, neighbors and drop-in guests. Michael Vyskocil - Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 169 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Trail Mix in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.