Tender cabbage rolls are stuffed with a delicious mixture of ground beef and onion. Instant rice and canned tomato soup speed along the prep work, and the long oven time gives you a chance to whip up a side dish and pour the wine. —Valerie Lipinski, Buffalo, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until outer leaves pull away easily from head. Set aside 10 large leaves for rolls. Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use. Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each leaf, making a V-shaped cut.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cooked rice, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on a cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides. Beginning from the cut end, roll up. Repeat. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup and water; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cabbage is tender.