Total TimePrep:30 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1 package (11 ounces) candy corn
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls. Twist apart sandwich cookies; spread frosting on the inside of cookies.
- Place 28 cookie halves under cereal balls to form the base for each turkey. Place three pieces of candy corn in a fan pattern on remaining cookie halves; press each half onto a cereal ball to form the tail. Attach remaining candy corn with frosting to form turkey's head.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 22, 2010
I first made these with my daughter when she was in Kindergarten. Now my 2nd grade son is making them to take to school tomorrow. They're so cute! But I wish I'd bought the chocolate cream filled cookies instead of the white cream filled cookies! Or even the fudge striped cookies would work!
Dec 5, 2009
I made these for Thanksgiving! Everyone thought they were cute! Great for a little snack after dinner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.