- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- Place ingredients in order listed in a 3-qt. slow cooker (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until rice is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGone-All-Day Casserole
"Great recipe! I coarsely chopped my almonds and they added a nice crunch! I also added a jalapeno and used mushroom broth instead of the bouillon and water."
"This smelled wonderful while it was cooking, but it was so disappointing. The rice was incredibly mushy. My crock pot cooks faster than it should so that may very well have affected the rice; however, I always adjust the cooking times in recipes to accommodate my crock pot. I ended up throwing this out and I hate to waste food."
"Same recipe I use, except I use hamburger and chicken broth instead of water"
"This was the worst recipe I ever tried. It was just a bunch of gunk and I nor my family enjoyed it and we threw it out"