Glazed Beef Tournedos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, ketchup, marmalade, lemon juice, onion and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with remaining sauce.
- Just before serving, brush steaks with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2019
Hi Barbandmom74! The last instruction is to brush the steaks with the reserved sauce before serving. Hope that helps! Sue Stetzel Taste of Home magazine
Apr 27, 2019
I have a question about this recipe. I am guessing that once the 1/4 c. of sauce is reserved, the remaining sauce is used as a marinade? Or is it a basting sauce. The directions on how to use the sauce are unclear. It sounds amazing and I suppose I can try it both ways, but am one of those folks who likes to do something right the first time! Thank you!
Nov 18, 2012
This steak was absolutley amazing! I will say it is better than steak at a sit down restruant! The glaze definitley makes it. It was just the right amount of sweetness and in my opinion made the steak even juicier. It is a must try!