Grilled Glazed Drummies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 141 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 30, 2013
Wonderful recipe and so easy to make!
Aug 30, 2011
My youngest son (12yo) really liked it. I too liked it and will be making it again.
Aug 25, 2011
This recipe was just okay for my family. I'm glad I tried it, but I probably won't make it again.
Sep 25, 2010
made drummies and bone-less, skin-less breast, added a little chili powder. excellent. even better cold.
Aug 26, 2010
Made this for a family get together. Sooo good. I added some chili pepper sauce for a little bit of kick.
May 20, 2010
i made this last night for a church supper. my husband does not like buffalo wings, so thought i would try this. after tasting the marinade added some fresh ground black pepper and a few shakes of garlic-flavored habenaro hot sauce. delicious! only had one piece left. i also baked for 30 minutes instead of grilling.
Apr 4, 2010
Super yummy! We made this with chicken legs and boneless/skinless breasts. Marinated for 6 hours. Sooooo good! My young boys loved it as well!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.