Grilled Glazed Drummies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- Optional: Sliced green onions and ranch dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large shallow dish. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. If desired, top with sliced green onions and serve with ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 141 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2013
Wonderful recipe and so easy to make!
Aug 30, 2011
My youngest son (12yo) really liked it. I too liked it and will be making it again.
Aug 25, 2011
This recipe was just okay for my family. I'm glad I tried it, but I probably won't make it again.
Sep 25, 2010
made drummies and bone-less, skin-less breast, added a little chili powder. excellent. even better cold.
Aug 26, 2010
Made this for a family get together. Sooo good. I added some chili pepper sauce for a little bit of kick.
May 20, 2010
i made this last night for a church supper. my husband does not like buffalo wings, so thought i would try this. after tasting the marinade added some fresh ground black pepper and a few shakes of garlic-flavored habenaro hot sauce. delicious! only had one piece left. i also baked for 30 minutes instead of grilling.
Apr 4, 2010
Super yummy! We made this with chicken legs and boneless/skinless breasts. Marinated for 6 hours. Sooooo good! My young boys loved it as well!