Grilled Glazed Drummies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- Optional: Sliced green onions and ranch dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large shallow dish. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. If desired, top with sliced green onions and serve with ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 141 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Jun 11, 2019
When you say drummies Do you mean the meaty part of the wing or the leg of the chicken? Thank You.
Jun 11, 2019
flohel; you could get a PowerSmokeless grill that many in your situation use. I believe that Walmart still carries them.
Jun 11, 2019
flohel: Yes, the method basically turns the grill into an oven. When is says grill covered, that basically means bake. I would guess a fairly hot oven, 375 to 400F. Place on a wire rack over a lined cookie sheet or sheet pan and cover loosely and then follow the rest of the recipe. You could uncover and broil at the end to crisp them up if that's your style. You could add a drop of liquid smoke to each corner of the pan at the beginning if you want some BBQ smoke notes.
Jun 9, 2019
I live in an apt and no grill. Is there any other way to make these wings?
Sep 30, 2013
Wonderful recipe and so easy to make!
Aug 30, 2011
My youngest son (12yo) really liked it. I too liked it and will be making it again.
Aug 25, 2011
This recipe was just okay for my family. I'm glad I tried it, but I probably won't make it again.
Sep 25, 2010
made drummies and bone-less, skin-less breast, added a little chili powder. excellent. even better cold.
Aug 26, 2010
Made this for a family get together. Sooo good. I added some chili pepper sauce for a little bit of kick.
May 20, 2010
i made this last night for a church supper. my husband does not like buffalo wings, so thought i would try this. after tasting the marinade added some fresh ground black pepper and a few shakes of garlic-flavored habenaro hot sauce. delicious! only had one piece left. i also baked for 30 minutes instead of grilling.