Glazed Corned Beef Dinner
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8-1/4 hours
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, orange peel and contents of spice packet.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer corned beef and vegetables to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Discard orange peel.
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, honey and mustard; pour over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally.
May 8, 2017
Just made this again tonight and it was delicious as always. Looked at the date on the original recipe and is said March 2009. This has been our go to recipe for corn beef for the past 8 year. Nice to come home after work and have a great meal. After transferring the meat and vegetables into a baking dish to finish with the glaze, I always cut up cabbage and boil on the stove with the left over juices/water from the slow cooker while the meat finishes in the oven.
Mar 14, 2015
Made this for company last night, and it was a good meal. Loved how the carrots and potatoes absorbed the cooking juices of the corned beef. Easy to prepare in the slow cooker, and the aroma as it cooked all day was a plus.
Dec 7, 2012
We love this easy way to cook corned beef! I never cared much for corned beef before, but this is such an excellent recipe with great flavor. I've made this at least 4 times. We stocked the freezer with corned beef after St. Patrick's Day so we can make this year round. A definite keeper!
Mar 18, 2012
Turned out great, although I changed directions and made soup & sandwichs instead. Took the veggies and drained the fat liquid. Then put the veggies into a Dutch oven and added 4cups beef broth & 6 cups water. Then added bay leaves and seasonings like garlic, seasoning salt, tomato/beef bouillon a few dashes of Worcestershire & green Tabasco sauce. Then 1 small can of tomato sauce. Turned out fabulous. Now that the kids have moved out & it's just me & the wife now, we do a lot of soup & sandwiches for dinner.
Mar 17, 2012
Tender and delicious. A big hit for our family!
Mar 23, 2011
This was easy and delicious! (My favorite combination in a recipe!)
Mar 18, 2011
I made this for St. Patricks Day dinner. My in laws as well as my entire family of 5 (including 3 children ages 5, 7, & 10) loved this corn beef. It was my first time cooking corn beef and it was so easy. Don't hesitate to try this one. Its definitely a "keeper" that I will make again. Thanks for a great recipe.
Mar 14, 2011
I have been makeing this corned beef like this for a few years now. What a great flavor. I could never go back to the old boiling way.