Ghostly Cupcake Cones
Top peanut buttery cupcakes with your favorite frosting and spirited faces to make a fright of ghostly treats. They’ll vanish into thin air before you know it! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- Frosting of your choice
- Assorted jimmies and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Place ice cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone, filling to 3/4 in. from the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks. Pipe frosting over cupcake tops in ghost shapes; arrange jimmies and sprinkles on frosting as desired to create facial features.