Ghost Shortbread Cookies
Pac-Man was my favorite video game when I was growing up. For a party, I decided to get creative and shape my go-to sugar cookies into the ghosts from the game. —Jamie S, Regina, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Orange and blue food coloring, optional
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 60 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch until blended. Gradually beat in flour. If desired, divide dough in half; tint one portion orange and the other blue. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. tulip-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter and milk; beat until smooth. Pipe eyes onto each ghost; top with chocolate chips. Let stand until set.
Originally published as Ghost Shortbread Cookies in Halloween Bookazine 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.