Double-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
My mom and her friend did a lot of cookie swaps together. They were always finding new recipes to share, including this one. There's something about a dipped cookie that makes it seem so special, so we usually save these for the holidays. —Ginger King, Big Bear Lake, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 2-in.-long logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake cookies until edges are set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. In the microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 137 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.