Double-Drizzle Pecan Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar. Immediately drizzle over cookies.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 118 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 10, 2017
LOVE THESE COOKIES!!! I make a double batch at Christmas and they always go quickly! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Feb 22, 2017
Made these last night and they are fabulous! I made it just as written, leaving the caramel sauce to boil for about a minute. If, once removed from the heat, the sauce thickens/hardens, just put it back on the heat to loosen it. The whole family loved these.
Nov 29, 2014
My new favorite cookie! Even without the drizzles, these cookies rock! I used a little more chopped pecans that the recipe said so that I could really crust the cookie balls in pecans. If you don't want to bother with the drizzles, skip them; but instead of the caramel drizzle that was not very successful according to the reviews, I used the caramel drizzle for the Caramel Drizzled Spoons. It uses caramels and heavy whipping cream melted together in the microwave. I used 24 caramels and 2 tablespoons of cream. I had enough to garnish a couple of ice cream sundaes to go with the cookies. No complaints from my hubby!
Jan 3, 2014
One of the best cookies I have ever made! I took these to a Christmas party and got numerous compliments on them. I agree caramel frosting did not stay warm long enough to drizzle - you have to work fast otherwise the frosting hardens on you. Also the next time I make them I will add the pecan pieces to the cookie dough versus trying to roll the cookies in them. They kept falling off of them and I definetly found that I did not need the full amount of pecans that the recipe called for.
Dec 19, 2013
I didn't really care for these cookies. They were flat and the caramel topping was grainie even after I cooked it. Wouldn't make again
Dec 13, 2013
I don't want to sound ugly, but if you are going to completely tweek/re-do the recipe, don't critique the original one and only give it a few stars. Let some of us have the sugar/fat, etc. If you made the original and you don't like it, state that and then tell us how you re did it; then it's an honest review.
Dec 6, 2013
Quite sweet - mixed the chopped pecans in the dough instead of on top. My daughter took one bite and said no more - it took no more than 5 seconds before she was asking for another bite. Beware these are addicting..
Dec 5, 2013
i made a double batch and cut the sugar down to 2 cups instead of three and they were still plenty sweet. On a single batch 3/4 to 1 cup would be loads esp with the caramel and chocolate sauce. I used canned milk instead of cream and sauce turned out fine. I toasted the nuts and put over half in the batter and finely chopped and rolled the cookies in the rest of the pecans. Be sure not to overcook as they turn out cakey instead of chewy. I put two hours on the timer instead of two minutes lol. So cooked them for a few minutes longer than intended till I realized my mistake.
Dec 5, 2013
Dec 3, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.