You'll hear shrieks of delight when these not-so-spooky pumpkin custards appear for dessert. These ghosts will be gobbled up in no time! —Suzanne Strocsher, Bothell, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low until smooth. Place eight ungreased 4-oz. custard cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Fill each cup with 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture. Pour hot water around cups into the pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Before serving, top each with dollops of whipped topping in the shape of a ghost; add chocolate chips for eyes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 189 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 6, 2014
I thought it was super good, although other family members weren't as impressed. I think it was the texture. It's basically pumpkin pie without the crust. Way easier to make than I thought custard would be.