Spooky Gelatin Bubble Cupcakes
It's so much fun to make these and decorate with them! Bubbles can be made weeks ahead. Turn them into orange pumpkins, multi-colored balloons -- whatever! —Sarah Thompson, Taste of Home Culinary Director
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes3 to 4 servings
- 3 to 4 wooden pop sticks
- 3 to 4 water balloons, filled with air
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- Black decorating gel
- 3 to 4 frosted cupcakes
- Insert wooden pop sticks through tied ends of balloons; set aside. Combine water and food coloring in a bowl slightly larger than largest balloon. Stir in gelatin. Microwave gelatin mixture on high for 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Holding a pop stick, dip one balloon into gelatin mixture, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Insert pop stick into Styrofoam to keep upright.
- Repeat with remaining balloons; let dry overnight. Carefully pierce dried balloons; remove from gelatin bubbles. Using scissors, trim openings if necessary. Decorate as desired with black decorating gel. To serve, place gelatin bubbles on top of frosted cupcakes.