Spooky Gelatin Bubble Cupcakes
It's so much fun to make these and decorate with them! Bubbles can be made weeks ahead. Turn them into orange pumpkins, multi-colored balloons -- whatever! —Sarah Thompson, Taste of Home Culinary Director
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes3 to 4 servings
- 3 to 4 wooden pop sticks
- 3 to 4 water balloons, filled with air
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- Black decorating gel
- 3 to 4 frosted cupcakes
- Insert wooden pop sticks through tied ends of balloons; set aside. Combine water and food coloring in a bowl slightly larger than largest balloon. Stir in gelatin. Microwave gelatin mixture on high for 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Holding a pop stick, dip one balloon into gelatin mixture, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Insert pop stick into Styrofoam to keep upright.
- Repeat with remaining balloons; let dry overnight. Carefully pierce dried balloons; remove from gelatin bubbles. Using scissors, trim openings if necessary. Decorate as desired with black decorating gel. To serve, place gelatin bubbles on top of frosted cupcakes.
Originally published as Spooky Gelatin Bubble Cupcakes in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.