Georgia Peach Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, 1 cup sugar and salt until blended; stir in milk. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly transfer to a bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to freeze, in a small bowl, mash peaches with remaining sugar; let stand 30 minutes. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full with custard, stirring in some of the peaches; freeze according to manufacturers' directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture and peaches.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 214 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2018
THE BEST peach ice cream I have ever had!! It's easy and so delicious. After being in the freezer for a full day it scoops like store bought ice cream but much tastier. Make this recipe asap!! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing! BTW.... I think it's best if you puree the peaches before adding. That's just my opinion.
Jun 3, 2016
Delicious! Next time I will mash the peaches up into smaller pieces, closer to a puree. The small/medium sized pieces tend to be too icy for my liking when the ice cream is hard. Thank you for the recipe!
Jul 18, 2015
sounds very do-able. Gonna try it this weekend.
Jun 15, 2013
I am from Ga and this is just as good as the peach icecream they serve at Lanes Peach Packing Plant in GA.