Garden-Fresh Seafood Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), thawed
- 1 container (8 ounces) refrigerated jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- Combine first 9 ingredients. Whisk together lime juice, oil and adobo seasoning; drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, tossing gently every 20 minutes. Place shrimp mixture in cocktail glasses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 103 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 12, 2016
Made this for a potluck and it was a huge hit. I also added a little chili powder. Perfect! So refreshing and different!
Aug 11, 2016
We enjoyed this recipe as a “main dish” rather than an appetizer on a very uncomfortably muggy evening. It was refreshingly satisfying and absolutely delicious. The colorful mixture of ingredients made an eye appealing dish. We loved the crunch vegetables combined with the sweet-tender taste of the seafood. The dressing with lime juice, adobo seasoning, and olive oil was good; I added a touch of hot chili powder to give it a little pop of heat. We are not cilantro lovers so I substituted parsley. I highly recommend this delicious recipe! Thank you, Teri Rasey!!
May 22, 2016
Awesome, simple flavors! I doubled the shrimp and chopped it for a potluck salad.