Garden-Fresh Seafood Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), thawed
- 1 container (8 ounces) refrigerated jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- Combine first 9 ingredients. Whisk together lime juice, oil and adobo seasoning; drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, tossing gently every 20 minutes. Place shrimp mixture in cocktail glasses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 103 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 12, 2016
Made this for a potluck and it was a huge hit. I also added a little chili powder. Perfect! So refreshing and different!
Aug 11, 2016
We enjoyed this recipe as a “main dish” rather than an appetizer on a very uncomfortably muggy evening. It was refreshingly satisfying and absolutely delicious. The colorful mixture of ingredients made an eye appealing dish. We loved the crunch vegetables combined with the sweet-tender taste of the seafood. The dressing with lime juice, adobo seasoning, and olive oil was good; I added a touch of hot chili powder to give it a little pop of heat. We are not cilantro lovers so I substituted parsley. I highly recommend this delicious recipe! Thank you, Teri Rasey!!
May 22, 2016
Awesome, simple flavors! I doubled the shrimp and chopped it for a potluck salad.