Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add chickpeas, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2017
This is actually a type of hummus. You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar. I love those mini bells but they are not as sweet as the full size bells I use. I use the Red bells which are nice and sweet and would be better for this filling in my opinion. Otherwise, well done!
Jan 26, 2017
I didn't care much for these. Nice flavors but didn't meld well with raw peppers.
Aug 11, 2015
I absolutely loved this recipe, delicious. Such great flavor!