Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 9, 2017
This is actually a type of hummus. You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar. I love those mini bells but they are not as sweet as the full size bells I use. I use the Red bells which are nice and sweet and would be better for this filling in my opinion. Otherwise, well done!
Jan 26, 2017
I didn't care much for these. Nice flavors but didn't meld well with raw peppers.
Aug 11, 2015
I absolutely loved this recipe, delicious. Such great flavor!