- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add chickpeas, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Reviews forGarbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
"I didn't care much for these. Nice flavors but didn't meld well with raw peppers."
"I absolutely loved this recipe, delicious. Such great flavor!"