Fruity Croissant Puff
I got this recipe from a good friend. Sweet, tart, tender and light, it tastes like a danish.—Myra Aimer, Tuttle, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 4 large croissants, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, optional
- Place croissants and berries in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended; pour over croissants. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until puffed and golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 429 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Croissant Puff in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.