- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon, divided
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and let stand 1-2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Place lime juice, honey and gelatin mixture in a blender. Add 1 cup watermelon; cover and process until blended. Add remaining watermelon, 1 cup at a time, processing after each addition until smooth.
- Transfer to a shallow dish; freeze until almost firm. In a chilled bowl, beat with an electric mixer until mixture is bright pink. Divide among four serving dishes; freeze, covered, until firm. Remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFrosty Watermelon Ice
"I made this today, was it ever refreshing after a very hot day of 99 deg.followed the recipe exactly and was very delighted with the outcome, will definitely do it again, next time might try frozen lemonade in place of the lime, just for a change, thanks for the recipe."
"this taste better with out the honey,watermelon is sweet on it's own."