Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes10 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 cups cubed watermelon (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Small watermelon wedges and fresh mint leaves
- Place 1 cup water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 6 cups watermelon, 1 cup berries, 1/3 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon minced mint in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large pitcher. Repeat with remaining water, lemon juice, fruit, sugar and minced mint.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until cold. If desired, press through a fine-mesh strainer. Serve with watermelon wedges and mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 11, 2016
This was the most refreshing drink I have ever made!!! & with the melon & berries it's very healthy! I did leave out the mint because I didn't have any. If you want a healthy non sugary drink for your children look no further!
Jun 1, 2016
I made this cooler & I used JARRED freeze-dried mint-1 tsp. to 1-1/2 tsp. I did not have regular mint!! I wound up having cup after cup of this delightful cooler! It's THAT good & SOrefreshing! delowenstein