Frozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts
These fruit tarts are so refreshing on a hot summer day! They are extremely healthy and convenient, and just a few ingredients means they're easy to make, too. —Bethany DiCarlo, Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Halved lemon slices, optional
- Line eight muffin cups with paper liners. Puree watermelon in a food processor; divide among prepared cups. Freeze 1 hour.
- Mix yogurt, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice; spoon over watermelon layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. If desired, top with lemon slices before serving.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 55 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Frozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
May 30, 2017
Worst dessert I've ever eaten! I was so embarrassed when I served these nasty tasting things to our guests because they couldn't eat them. If I could, I would not even give this recipe one star.