Frosty Watermelon Ice
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon, divided
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and let stand 1-2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Place lime juice, honey and gelatin mixture in a blender. Add 1 cup watermelon; cover and process until blended. Add remaining watermelon, 1 cup at a time, processing after each addition until smooth.
- Transfer to a shallow dish; freeze until almost firm. In a chilled bowl, beat with an electric mixer until mixture is bright pink. Divide among four serving dishes; freeze, covered, until firm. Remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 81 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 25, 2013
it has been so hot this summer and i have been looking for quick easy recipes to make ices. this one is great . i like the fact that is it low calorie and not a high added sugar content.i made this recipe and took it to work to share with my co workers and they all agreed it was a great summer treat and they all wanted the recipe
Jul 20, 2011
I made this today, was it ever refreshing after a very hot day of 99 deg.followed the recipe exactly and was very delighted with the outcome, will definitely do it again, next time might try frozen lemonade in place of the lime, just for a change, thanks for the recipe.
May 25, 2008
this taste better with out the honey,watermelon is sweet on it's own.