Frozen Lemon-Berry Margaritas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila, optional
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Set aside limes for garnish. Sprinkle coarse sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- In a blender, combine the lemonade concentrate and raspberries; cover and process until blended. Press mixture through a fine sieve; discard seeds. Return raspberry mixture to blender; add the ice, strawberries, blueberries, sugar and tequila if desired. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 271 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2018
Five stars is not enough for this recipe. This drink was excellent. Perfect for a lazy hot summer day on the patio. One of the best, if not the best, margaritas I've ever had. I did change a couple things though. I used 24 oz of sweetened strawberries instead of 20 oz. Also, I didn't sieve the mixture. Once everything was incorporated, I really did not detect the raspberry seeds. It's a like a smoothie with a kick!
May 3, 2016
Very Nice one !
Feb 22, 2016
I omitted the alcohol because I made them for my son and myself. My berries were plenty sweet so I did not use the sugar in the mix, just on the glass rims. So good!
Oct 22, 2013
good drink for us girls
Apr 28, 2013
Jun 16, 2011
These are so good. I use the frozen triple berry blend of fruit from Costco, and discovered I could skip the straining step this way. Yum!
Jun 25, 2010
I've made this several times for company and family. Always loved by children and adults!
Jul 26, 2009
This is a drink receipe will we make again. It is quite delicious and fresh tasting, unlike mixes from a bottle or can. If we are servering for company, the step of straining the raspberry-lemondade mixture can be done in advance to save time.