Fresh and Creamy Peach Pie
"This pie always receives rave reviews and is especially good when peaches are in season," says Mary Ann Bostic of Sinks Grove, West Virginia.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 7 medium)
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon; stir in 3 tablespoons cream, lemon juice and extract. Add the peaches; toss gently. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place top crust over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with remaining cream. Place cutouts on top of pie; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Peach Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2003