- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Add butter, cream cheese and 1/3 cup milk or cream. Whip with electric mixer on low speed or mash with potato masher, adding remaining milk or cream as needed to make potatoes light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forFluffy Creamed Potatoes
"This was one of my contributions to the meal when we joined friends for Thanksgiving dinner. They were delicious with a perfect creaminess. I used heavy whipping cream, and found I used more cream than recipe calls for. You'll have to be the judge of that as you beat or mash the potatoes. I also used garlic salt rather than plain salt."