- 1 cup uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta and add to the soup. Garnish with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forFlorentine Chicken Soup
"I made this for Valentine's day for my husband. I doubled the recipe. We absolutely loved it. The only change I made was adding a can of diced tomatoes (drained) instead of the peppers. Delicious!!!"
"My husband and I thought that this thick and hearty soup was absolutely amazing! I can't wait to make it again!"
"I agree with the previous person. This recipe needs no changes except that you should make a double batch:) Delicious."
"I always change a recipe BUT not this one ---Love it just the way it is !! I am now gluten free so i add G/F pasta now."
"Delicious!! I added chopped artichoke hearts and a bit more broth - instantly a top 5 recipe for us. Try it!!!!"
"I substituted chopped sun-dried tomatoes for the red peppers. Delicious!"