- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forFirefighter's Chicken Spaghetti
"This was so good! I used a full pound of spaghetti and I sauteed the onion and celery in additional butter beforehand. I also used a mixture of sharp cheddar and mozzarella and instead of the cornflakes on top, I used some additional shredded cheddar. I didn't have any fresh mushrooms (I don't use canned) so I omitted the mushrooms. My whole family loved it, and by the end of the night, the entire casserole was gone. Thanks for this recipe; it's a keeper!"
"This was really good. The whole family enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this for years and like some of the different ingredients but I always use cheddar cheese which would give this much more flavor."
"This was great. Next time I'm saut?ing the onions and celery and slightly saut?ing the (fresh) mushroom. Also, I'm adding chopped water chestnuts. On the cornflakes, make sure that it is 1-1/2 Crushed cornflakes and I used Rotisserie chicken."
"This is really good, but I made some revisions. I saut?ed the onions and celery with fresh mushrooms in 2 Tbs of butter and cooked the chicken in 2 Tbs of butter. I omitted the 2 Tbs in the mixture since I used it for saut?ing. I substituted Monterey Jack cheese for the mozzarella for more flavor. With those changes, it was very tasty, and I'll be making it again."
"I made this last night. Hubby liked it. The onion and celery did not get cooked through, so next time I will saut? first along with a little fresh garlic, instead of garlic powder. The spaghetti was a little too soft/ over cooked so next time will cook until al dente or possibly use a different pasta type. I cut the fat by using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and omitted the cornflakes."
"Tasty. I made this for my daughter when she was home from college and gave her some to take back. She enjoyed it!!!"
"Outstanding! Freezes very well and reheats in microwave partially covered or in the oven covered. Cornflakes whole or crushed make an excellent topping."
"Except for my lack of being prepared to make this, which made it take more time to prepare, this recipe was DE LISOUS! I made a huge casserole and my picky hubby ate 2 HUGE helpings. This is definitely a "keeper" recipe. I added 1 up of riccota cheese, and changed the cream of chicken for cream of celery... otherwise it was the same."