- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFirecracker Grilled Salmon
"Made this for our 4th of July BBQ. I doubled the recipe which served 15 with no leftovers (we had burgers too). This is honestly the best recipe I've tried. I'm from the northwest where salmon is prepared regularly since it's so plentiful. Everyone commented on how good it was. I used wild sockeye salmon and put the filets in foil and BBQ for 6 minutes in one side and 3 on the other. Perfect! Also, I marinated them 5 hours. I will be making this again."
"This salmon is so delicious! I followed the recipe and BBQ'd it. We loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again."
"This was delicious. So easy and tastes just like some I've had in restaurants cooked on a cedar plank but without the plank. Will definitely make again."
"I have received rave reviews every time I have made this recipe. ... I don't tell anyone how easy it is!"
"Just used a pinch of the red pepper flakes as we don't like things too spicy. The flavors are great, especially being cooked on the grill. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Great! Did it on a cedar plank on the BBQ, turned out awesome!"
"This ones a keeper! Light and healthy with tons of flavor! Even my kids cleaned their plates!"
"To be honest, this is the best salmon recipe I have ever made, other than the Spicy Salmon Kabobs. Very flavorful! Definitely a keeper!"